How do I Find a Virginia Medical Marijuana Licensed Doctor?
Virginia residents who are interested in obtaining their medical marijuana card will need to first find a state-licensed medical marijuana provider.
Each of our Virginia providers is registered with the state to be able to certify you for medical marijuana. We carefully select our healthcare professionals to ensure they demonstrate the compassion and expertise needed to give you the best possible treatment using medical marijuana.
We currently only offer Telemedicine appointment options in Virginia, meaning you can be seen by our provider online from the comfort and security of home. From here you will be evaluated based on your current health condition, medical history, and any documentation you are able to provide as proof to determine if you qualify. If approved, you’ll receive your signed written certification form the same day so that you can get registered right away.
Am I Guaranteed to Get Approved for My Virginia Medical Marijuana Card Through Green Health Docs?
Only your licensed medical marijuana doctor can determine if you qualify for the program, so we cannot guarantee your approval. If you don’t get approved by our doctor you will receive a FULL refund, so it’s risk-free! Our knowledgeable and friendly support staff is ready to help get you fully prepared for your appointment so that you have the best chance of approval, just give us a call 7 days per week at 240-356-1000 if you’d like to know more.
How Do I Register with the State as a Virginia Medical Marijuana Patient?
We are happy to assist our patients in getting registered with the state, to do so you will just need the following:
- Signed written certification form issued by our provider.
- Valid Virginia Driver’s License or VA State-Issued ID Card.
- $50 state application fee.
After you have been approved by our provider and you have everything that’s required to apply, you can then register with the state and submit your application. If you need help getting registered, our support center is available 7 days per week at 240-356-1000 for assistance.
Applications typically take 7-14 days to be reviewed. Upon accepting your application, the state will then enter you into the patient registry and issue your Virginia medical marijuana ID card.
What Are the Benefits of Getting a Virginia Medical Marijuana Card?
There are 3 main benefits to obtaining a Virginia Medical Marijuana Card:
- Protection Under State Law. The card will allow you to legally possess and consume medical marijuana products within the state of Virginia.
- Access to Dispensaries. The card will allow you to purchase medical marijuana products from any licensed dispensary within the state of Virginia and any state that offers reciprocity. Virtually ALL forms will be available including flower, pills, oil, topicals, tinctures, liquids, and more!
- Ongoing Patient Care. As a cardholder, you will be able to receive ongoing support and treatment assistance through our provider and staff, as well as through the budtenders at the dispensaries. Together we will ensure that you are receiving the most effective treatment possible using Medical Marijuana.
When Can I Start Using my Virginia Medical Marijuana Card?
You can start purchasing from state-licensed medical marijuana dispensaries as soon as you obtain your card. There will be five dispensaries total in Virginia, four of which are currently open now with medical marijuana products available. To find out more, visit our dispensary information page.
You may also be able to use your Virginia medical marijuana card in another state that offers reciprocity. Reciprocity simply means that one state accepts a medical marijuana card from another state. These laws vary from state to state, so the best way to find out more information is by contacting a dispensary in the state that you are interested in visiting and asking about their policy on medical cards from other states.